As a Team Lead Android you are responsible for building and coaching a team that makes sure we keep healthily evolving our apps, while always bringing a smile to our customers.
How do I become a Team Lead Android at Coolblue?
Together with the team, you discuss difficult technical subjects to create simple solutions to keep developing Coolblue’s mobile app. Your specialty is building and coaching team members, but you are still a skilled software engineer.
Taking advantage of our continuous feedback culture, you coach and mentor your team energetically, helping them to become a bit better every day. Besides that, you work closely together with the Product Owner and Scrum Master of the domain to optimize processes.
Celebrating the achievement of sprint goals is important to you. A good vibe is key to team success! Want to become a Team Lead Android at Coolblue? Julia will explain how to do that.
You enjoy doing this
- Having an impact on strategic decisions about the mobile app by giving technical and non-technical guidance to your team and the Product Owner
- ‘’Leading by example’’, you like to be active yourself within sprints by writing high quality code for the mobile app
- Helping team members by defining and following a clear growth path and helping them to achieve this
- Working closely together with the scrum master to improve daily team performance
- Cherish an open culture through direct feedback, a great vibe and a ‘’just do it’’-mentality
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have a technical Bachelor or Master in for example Computer Science
- You have at least 1 year experience in a Team Lead role and you are a solid Android developer (iOS is a plus)
- You have experience with coaching developers at their technical- and soft skills
- You have strong communication skills and are able to explain the right technical decisions to technical and non technical colleagues
- You are capable of solving problems and are able to use the right principles like SOLID and TDD/BDD
- You have experience with working within a Scrum environment and follow Agile practices
- You are fluent in English
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Over 30 trainings in our Coolblue University to get a bit better every day
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back
- A discount on all our products
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year
- An extraordinarily good work environment with colleagues who make you happy, epic (digital) Coolblue parties, pub quizzes and other activities
- At this moment we all work from home. Of Course we help you creating the best home-office possible. Including desk chair, laptop and blue garlands