Damen Naval Schiedam
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for an Automation Engineer who can start on a temporary basis for the periode of one to two years.
As an Automation Engineer you play a major role in ensuring that state-of-the art naval vessels are built and commissioned with fully operational automated systems, compliant to strict regulations and requirements. You develop the automation concept of complex processes, encompassing a wide range of systems onboard of the vessel. Depending on the vessel’s configuration, your automation design could encompass a host of strategic defensive and deterring systems. Your design has state-of-the-art automation functionality, allowing the crew to control and monitor all the systems in the ship. You work and collaborate according to the V-model in our 3DExperience engineering environment, while basic and detailed designs will be thoroughly reviewed, tested and verified throughout both the design as well as the build phase. The culmination of your work is the launch of a new naval vessel, ready to defend our freedom across the world!
As an Automation Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop the functional descriptions and other basic engineering documents and drawings of the automated processes of the ship’s systems.
- Develop and maintain specification documents of all automation components and installation processes.
- Write detailed test- and validation plans to ensure compliancy with Class regulations and to meet customer requirements during virtual testing (simulations) and real-world testing (FAT, HAT, SAT).
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Review of vendors and subcontractors design and implement this in the vessels design.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods for detailed engineering and commissioning.
- Provide support in proposal stages by developing conceptual designs of system automation.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
Skills & experience
As an Automation Engineer, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- 3+ years’ experience with designing and installing complex automation systems (PLC/SCADA), preferably in maritime, offshore or industrial installations.
- Professional experience working in complex projects, comprised of multidisciplinary sub-teams and multiple suppliers and subcontractors.
- Experience working in a model-based system engineering environment (MBSE) according to the V-model.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the position of Automation Engineer, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.