Damen Naval Schiedam
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Specification Engineer who can start on a temporary basis for the estimated duration of 18 months.
As Technical Specification Engineer you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Marine Engineering. You can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. You will work, during the execution of the project in a team of several engineers to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system. As Technical Specification Engineer you will contribute tothe engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
As a Technical Specification Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performing technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensuring full compliance of all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engaging in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product and system and providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation like mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database such as purchase orders, parts, metadata, and documentation.
- Performing required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composing technical and functional specification documents for System Description Statements, HAT and SAT procedures.
- Verifying technical performance of products and systems such as inspection of equipment at supplier premises, and FAT’s.
- Offering technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensuring good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participating in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
Skills & experience
As a Technical Specification Engineer,you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- At least three years experience in mechanical or marine engineering and with statutory bodies.
- Experience with and knowledge of mechanical systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Personal characteristics: quality, planning, budget awareness, willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Technical Specification Engineer, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.