Damen Naval Schiedam
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval in Schiedam is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Specification Engineer specialized in Joinery of Accommodation and Technical Spaces to join our dynamic team in Schiedam. As a Technical Specification Engineer/Engineering subcontract manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful subcontracting the required joinery/accommodation systems including detailed engineering for our Naval vessels. These specifications include lining, ceiling, flooring, furniture, insulation, galley, etcetera. Your expertise will be instrumental in transforming design concepts into detailed technical specifications, overseeing the engineering and engineering production support process, and ensuring compliance with stringent quality standards.
As Technical Specification Engineer Joinery, your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up functional technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based on customer and design requirements.
- Developing detailed technical specifications for joinery works, adhering to industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborating closely with procurement and supply chain teams to select appropriate materials and suppliers for accommodation joinery and insulation.
- Supporting quality inspections and Factory acceptance tests to verify that the finished joinery works meet required standards and specifications.
- Providing technical support and guidance to the production team, resolving any technical issues that may arise during the project.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records of joinery specifications, changes, and project progress.
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines to ensure seamless integration of joinery works with other ship systems.
- Staying up to date with industry developments and best practices related to joinery works and incorporating them into projects when appropriate.
Skills & experience
To excel as Technical Specification Engineer Joinery, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Civil Architect, or related field.
- Experience as Technical Specification Engineer or similar, focussed on joinery works in the maritime industry.
- In-depth knowledge of joinery materials, techniques, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in using CAD software for technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex engineering data.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Familiarity with naval vessel construction processes and regulations is advantageous.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Specification Engineer Joinery, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.